Sunday, June 19, 2011

Following like a puppy dog.....


I’ve heard people use the expression “follow me around like a puppy dog”. I know what that means and I know how to do it. I make sure that the girl is never out of my sight or more than two feet away from me. When she notices how close I am, I make sure that I communicate my appreciation for her with adoring eyes. What I feel with my heart, I show with my eyes, and with artful waves of my fluffy tail. I’m still observing Dexter and Polly. I prefer to watch them from high places. I’m small enough to sit up on the high edge of the girl’s sofa and watch everything that is going on. Dexter makes a few friendly moves to get me to play, but I’m not quite ready. Polly’s pretty busy managing the squirrels. I meet some of the girl’s friends, they are all very interested in me, but I am only interested in the girl. The place on the pillow by the headboard is now mine. It only takes a touch, word or look from the girl to make my tail wag.

No comments:

Post a Comment