Friday, June 17, 2011

My Name is Flower


My name is Flower. It’s the only thing that I brought with me to my new life. I live in the present, it’s a gift that dogs have. But I do remember the day my family drove me to a strange place and placed me into a stranger’s hands. I was shaking and I couldn’t make my tail wag. The girl with the kind hands and sweet voice held me and made me feel safe. In a few hours I had a new collar, a good supper, and got to sleep in the bed with people. She put me on a pillow by the headboard and stroked me until she fell asleep. I didn’t sleep much, but I liked being close to the girl. I heard her say something about finding me a forever home. I didn’t understand why I was there, but as long as I was close to the girl, I felt safe enough to wag my tail.

1 comment:

  1. The photo in the post was taken at our fabulous doggie day care, The BarkMore.

    ReplyDelete