Friday, June 24, 2011

The Treat Lady


Not long after I came to my new home, Henry got broken. I'm not sure how it happened, but then they took him to get fixed. He came home with the saucer around his head and laid around for a few days. It was my turn to be playful. But it wasn't quite the same.

As soon as he didn't have to wear his saucer anymore, we went to meet the treat lady. She lives in a cage in the middle of the pet store and invites dogs to come over for special treats. Then she makes us work for our treats. Sitting was a breeze, but I didn't want to lay down on the cold floor. Henry got it right away, but he would do anything for a treat. He sat at attention the whole time just staring at her treat bag. She kept asking me to lay down. I yapped and told her that the floor was too cold, then she told me I couldn't bark at her. I wasn't that hungry anyway. I looked around the ring, and found a solution. Henry joined me like it was his idea. Everyone laughed and I got two treats.

Eight weeks later we graduated from obedience school.
I received special recognition for obeying the "down" command on the cold floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment