Monday, July 18, 2011

Home, again.

The mom drove to Nashville and picked us up from Camp Nashville. Playing with Dexter and Polly and being with the girl and the husband was wonderful. I was so excited to see the mom - and I was ready to go home.


Getting home wasn't much fun. Their were lines and lines of cars, and they weren't moving. It seemed like it took forever. One time when we were stopped, there was a big dog in the back of the truck next to us. No leash, no car seat, nothing - just standing in the back of the truck. It made me start yapping. I wanted him to know that he wasn't safe and that the people weren't taking good care of him. I yapped for such a long time that the mom got me out of my car seat and held me in her lap. I heard the mom tell the dad that the trip home was long and noisy. Somebody had to tell that big dog to be careful!
Have I told you that I don't like big dogs????



The mom and dad brought us a plastic box full of shells. We were sure it was for us because they left it on the floor so we could play with it while they were gone. Henry and I had fun taking it to the den and getting it up on the sofa. I chewed one end off since no one was home to help us open it. We lay the shells all over the  couch, and started eating these round things that the mom later called sand dollars. They weren't really yummy, but the cracking noise was great - and we loved how that when we broke them it let sand get everywhere.
Before













After







The sand dollars were almost as much fun as what the dad called barnacles. We took them off of some of the big shells and the mom and dad came home just in time to watch us play soccer with them on the wood floors. They seemed very surprised that we thought about using them that way.

It was all fun until the mom started picking up the pieces of shell and put them back into what was left of the box. Then she ran the vacuum cleaner. We were sad that she then put our fun present up high.

No comments:

Post a Comment