Friday, July 8, 2011

Keeping up Gorgeous

The day I was brought to the girl I was scared, and I was a mess.

 I didn't really know I was a mess, because I had always looked this way. At the time I didn't understand what she was doing, but she put me in a sink of warm water (yikes!) but then carefully rubbed me all over with something that smelled wonderful and felt so good on my skin. Then she wrapped me in warm towels and snuggled me for a long time. That was so relaxing that I didn't mind when she stroked me with something I had never had used on me before - she called it a brush. I liked that part, but not that noisy thing that shot out the warm air - at least that didn't last long. She kissed me and told me I was beautiful and smelled much better.

When I went home with the mom, I looked like this.

















A few weeks later, the mom tricked me. I thought I was going to see the treat lady at obedience school, but we turned the wrong way, and she left me with some strangers and a bunch of dogs that I didn't know. I was so happy when she came back to get me. I didn't like "grooming"  at all. But, I did like feeling prissy.


The mom says that looking gorgeous takes a lot of work. Henry looked pretty handsome, too. Doesn't it look like he has on eyeliner?

No comments:

Post a Comment